Monday, June 30, 2008

The DeArmond's Summer.....So far!

Well....where to begin? It has been so long since I have posted anything I feel like there is so much to tell! I think that I will begin with the wonderful trip back home to TN that Madison and I were able to enjoy! Tony was not able to come with us since there is so much going on this year, he has to save up his leave time! Anyway, he dropped us off at the airport Saturday, June 7 around lunch time. We were so excited to go home and visit with everyone, but at the same time it was very hard to leave Tony. It ended up being very difficult for him while we were gone also. We hadn't been apart since his deployment and he was missing Madison terribly! Anyway, the plane ride did not go that well with Madison! Who would of guessed that a one year old wouldn't want to sit in one tiny little spot for 4 hours?!?!? Crazy, I know! We did survive the flight, though, and arrived in Memphis around 7pm. It took a minute (literally only a minute) for Madison to warm up to Mom, Dad, and Amber, who were there to pick us up. We headed straight to Grandma and Papaw's house, as we always do. It almost seems like a tradition now! It was so great to see them and let them see how much Madison has grown. Then, we were finally on our last stretch home, and I was about ready to pass out! Madison, on the other hand, had a burst of energy! Of course she did, why wouldn't she, she is ONE! I think we all made it to bed around 10 or so! During our stay Madison grew very attached to her Nana! (And Nana LOVED it!) Madison would get very excited when she came home from work and Nana always had special treats for her!

Madison also enjoyed terrorizing the dogs! Angel mainly just ignored her and stayed clear. Rusty, however, had a lot more tolerance for her.

We were able to do lots of shopping while we were there also. We made a trip to the mall and to the Tunica Outlets. Both trips were a lot of fun. Madison was able to walk around A LOT! She is basically set with clothes and shoes for a while now also. Thanks to her Nana! We also made a trip to the Zoo! That was so much fun! We had quite the crew with us as well. Mom, Amber, myself, Madison, Becca (Amber's friend), and Erin (my friend) all went to the zoo! We spent about 4 hours or so there! I had a wonderful time and I know Madison did too! She seemed a little more interested in all of the other children instead of the animals at first! We were able to get her attention and point out all of the animals to her, and she made some pretty funny faces!

After the zoo trip, we basically just relaxed the last couple of days before we headed home! We left Memphis two weeks later and got into Seattle really late that night! Tony was actually pretty disappointed that Madison wasn't her normal self towards him when we arrived. I just had to reassure him that it had been an extremely long day for her, she would be fine the next day! So....we are back to our normal schedule and Madison is back to being "daddy's little girl!" I am very excited to say though that Amber will be flying out July 22 to come here to WA and help out with our move! She will be taking Madison back to Memphis so that Tony and I can make the drive as quickly as possible. I am getting so anxious and so excited about our move! I can't wait to spend a month at home with family, and for Tony to be with us makes it all the more exciting! I can't wait for everyone to see how Madison and Tony are together! It is so fun to watch them together! He is an amazing Dad, I couldn't ask for anything more! I will be blogging soon as we get closer to our move date and as more details come along. There will be lots happening coming up, so....stay tuned!

0 comments: