Monday, March 24, 2008

EASTER!

Easter Sunday! It turned out to be a big day at my house! I caught myself somewhat reflecting on this time last year. Last Easter, which happened to be later in the year, Madison had only been with us for about a week or so. Her very first Sunday at church was on Easter. I was really excited about this one because I knew that she would be able to do more now that she is older. Before I begin with all of the "Madison stories," I have to mention the other things that happened yesterday. I had invited Tony's buddies over for a big Easter lunch after church if they would like to come. Well, not only did they come for lunch, they showed up for church! (I should bribe them with food more often!) Our lunch consisted of Honey ham, baked beans, mashed potatoes, corn, mac-n-cheese, deviled eggs, rolls, and monkey bread! Needless to say, I was very busy after church! They really enjoyed it and it was fun for me to be able to share it with them. Most of Tony's buddies are single and are far away from family. Therefore, I really enjoy being able to open up our home to them. For some reason, all the guys were really concerned about their outfits for Easter. They wanted to look really nice, but became a little stressed with the details. Ties, shoes, and belts were big concerns that morning. It was pretty funny to me, but they didn't think so.

Now.....onto more important things.....MADISON! This Easter was so much fun with her! I can't explain how much excitement there was for her big day at church! We started by taking some pictures of her at home with her baskets just in case she was a mess by the time we got back home. Then, she came to church early with me so that I could help hide eggs for the Easter egg hunt! It was raining here, of course, so the hunt ended up being inside instead of outside. The nursery had a room all to themselves and the eggs were everywhere! When it was time for the egg hunt, I was wondering if Madison would really get into it or not. I figured she would grab one egg and be satisfied. I was shocked to watch her and see that she went after EVERY egg around her! She actually put them into her basket all by herself too! She had so much fun with Easter eggs. She headed back to the nursery for the rest of us to attend the late service. We came home afterwards and she played with all of the guys while I cooked! All in all, a wonderful Easter Sunday morning! I took lots of pictures, so I hope you enjoy them!

PS...Just some other Madison news!
Tony and I have watched the past couple of weeks as Madison has decided to start WALKING!!! She will take several steps on her own from one piece of furniture to the next. She will even walk from me to Tony or vice versa. She is growing so fast and doing so many new things now its hard to keep up. I can't imagine how much more there is to come! Madison's FIRST birthday is this Friday, March 28, and it just amazes me how much happens in one year! I will be posting much more as she continues to do new things and take off! If I can keep up that is!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristen - I can't tell you how much it means to me to be able to see new pitures as often as you post them. Even though we are so far apart (in distance), you keep all of us so close by continuing to update us with news from your family. The pictures are wonderful and I just wish that we could have been there to experience this holiday with all of you.

Love ya,
Mom