Monday, April 21, 2008

Update on the DeArmond Family!

I know that when I started this blog it was mentioned that it was mainly to let everyone know of Madison's progress and to let them watch her grow just as I do everyday. Well...this particular blog entry is to update everyone on a couple of things that have happened in the past month for our family as a whole. I'm sure I will be able to add a little tidbit about Madison for those of you that need a Madison-fix! (You know who you are! :))

First on the list ... ORDERS!
I let quite a few people know that we were in the process of picking and applying for orders for our next duty station. In fact, I asked quite a few people to be praying for us in the very stressful process. We were very anxious to find out if we were going to be able to get stationed on the East Coast to be closer to family. I didn't really care where exactly, I just knew that this was our one and only chance to make the coast to coast move. So, our prayers were answered and Tony was accepted for PAX River, Maryland orders. PAX River is actually the Patuxent River in Maryland. It is known by the military as PAX River, so that is what I call it. Mainly because I am not sure how to properly pronounce the actual name. Anyway, we are very excited and can't wait to be closer to family. We will probably begin our transition sometime in August. We are still ironing out details and planning. The only definite dates as of right now are Sept 14 and Sept 29. Tony has to go to VA for training before we make it to Maryland and he has to be there by Sept 14. Then, he has to report to PAX River by Sept 29. I should be able to give out more details as we plan and make more decisions about traveling. I will definitely keep everyone updated on this exciting move and time for us. Thank you to all of you that prayed for us and the decisions that had to be made. God is good! (All the time!)

Next on the list...MADISON IS GOING TO BE A BIG SISTER!
That's right! We are expecting our second baby! It is very hard for me to imagine right now. I am still very early in the pregnancy for one thing, so it will seem like I am pregnant FOREVER! I have been talking with Mom a little bit about this pregnancy and how it is so different from the first time. I remember being pregnant with Madison and Mom and I would talk daily about how she was growing and developing in my belly. This time, I keep having to remind myself that I am actually pregnant. Tony and I are very excited and overjoyed, and a little stressed with everything going on in our lifes right now (as I mentioned above). I have been trying to imagine Madison with a baby around and how she is going to react. That in itself is hard to imagine! My estimated due date is December 15, but that could change after I have an ultrasound and they measure the baby. I am so excited to have a new addition to our family! I wasn't sure how many children Tony and I were going to have, but we did know that we wanted them to be pretty close in age. After having Madison, I really started thinking about having a big family. I absolutely love being surrounded by family and all the love and support you get from a big family. I have experienced that in my life and want for my own family to have that love and comfort as well. I look forward to this pregnancy and birth of our second baby and all the new experiences that comes with it. I will be sure to keep everyone updated on our progress and give you more news as it comes along. Keep us and our new little one in your prayers!

And lastly, but certainly not the least ... MADISON!
Madison has been doing wonderfully! She amazes me everyday and its so funny to see how amazed Tony gets watching her. She is walking more and more everyday. We have been trying to get her to walk around in the stores, but she acts shy and doesn't want. She has been having a little bit of separation anxiety lately when we drop her off at the nursery for church, but she seems to be fine within a couple of minutes. Thats what they tell me anyway :). I think I mentioned in my last entry that we went to the park and had a wonderful sunny day. Well, this past Saturday, we had atleast 2 inches of hail and snow on the ground! How ridiculous!! It is the middle of April and we are having winter weather!! Anyway, this past Saturday was the "City Wide Clean-Up Day" for Oak Harbor. I had volunteered to help and was going to take Madison with me. She ended up staying home and had some Daddy time while I went and worked. Tony is loving this time with Madison right now. She seems very attached to him and he can't get enough of it. He works at night and likes to come home and wait on Madison to get up so that he can get her out of bed. He loves to see her big smile in the morning and see how excited she gets to get out of bed and play. They have been doing a lot of bonding lately and it is so sweet to watch. He likes to get in the floor and play with her and he really wants to be able to wrestle and mess around, but she isn't quite ready for that. She does like to be chased all around the apartment though, and he is more than willing. She will turn around and see if he is coming behind her and cackle really loud and take off again. It is sooo cute! I believe this past Saturday they had a lot of fun together just the two of them. I think thats all for now, I will post again soon! Enjoy the pics!

2 comments:

Amber Dawn said...

GEEZ!!! When you blog - you REALLY BLOG!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Congratulations. I always felt like a big family was just a pain in the butt, however, I really never saw it the same way you have.